Friday 20 January 2012

Why we are losing people

91% of unchurched young people think that Christianity is anti-gay. Young adults are overwhelmingly in favour of marriage equality. According to Becky Garrison - Ancient Future Disciples. No wonder we are unable to reach them.

Now these figures are from the US, but it is probably not dissimilar in the UK - or at least the implications. For all of the reasons for and against homosexuality, if we - the church - insist on making it an issue, then we may win the argument, but we will lose a generation.

The truth is that I would rather win people than be right. I would rather people engaged with God and met him, and let him be the judge. He does it better than me.

2 comments:

  1. Too true Cat. From an Anabaptist viewpoint, I use Jesus as the yardstick both for ethics and for biblical interpretation, so here is everything he said about homosexuality:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is very true for a lot of my friends!

    ReplyDelete